Thursday, May 19, 2011

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY



Sure enough I found yet 'another' hobby that I could sink my teeth into- COMICS- and there's a whole lot of 'em to read and check out since shops are filled with a variety of graphic novels and manga which means that you'll never get bored leafing through colorful, surreal pages. Let my imagination work for me, sort of an escape from reality and into the realm of flying, kicking, screaming, fiery combatants, a world of unending adventure or even of undying love, a world of hope and justice.



So, T'was a sunny Saturday morning when my friend and I decided to attend to the FREE COMIC BOOK DAY at Galleria, that happens ONLY once a year. There was already a long line of people waiting and we were given a piece of paper as a ticket for receiving bulks of comic books plus a number for the raffle draws. I couldn't forget the electricity of excitement in the crowd awaiting for their goodies to be placed on their hands. Thousands of comic books were distributed which made everybody pretty happy, I was happy =) This was something I've looked forward too for months and here it was, I was ecstatic! I couldn't contain my joy like a little kid whose parents bought him his favorite toy.



I saw families, parents, and children anticipating their turn of accepting gifts, freebies and goodies. It was an Awesome site and a memorable one too. These are moments that I thank the Lord for, moments of pure wonder and enjoyment. This is how we must live our lives, free from the circumstances and troubles that beset us. 


Sir Rommel Estanislao
Sir Norby Ela


Another exciting part was meeting two of my favorite Local Artists who have inspired me in so many different ways.
 Sir Rommel and Sir Norby are amazingly cool and creative and seeing them in person is totally one of life's great events =) 



Here are some of the goodies I got! Next event would be FRAMED, on Friday 7 pm at SM Megamall, May 21, 2011. Hope to see You there!


No comments:

Post a Comment